In my third season of cycling, seeing how far my bike will take me.


Saturday 7 May 2011

Recent racing

Last few results:

Goodwood 3/5/11: 10th.  Did a bit too much work in the E/1/2 group as the 3rds and 4ths (handicap) were caught, tried to force a break and wasn't particularly savvy about it, in retrospect maybe should have been a bit more patient and followed wheels.  Legs felt good so had some fun trying to bridge across a few times.  Spent most of the time on the front end of the bunch getting some race intensity in and had a bit of a joke or two with some other guys who missed the break.  Broke with 2 laps to go, got caught with 1/2 lap to go then came second in the bunch sprint to pick up 10th.  Legs feeling super strong but should have been smarter and got in the break.

Hove Park 29/4/11: 7th.  Made a few school boy errors in my preparation that made me feel sick about 10mins into the race and missed the break.  Chucked up after a bit and then felt better.  Cheers to Drew for helping me try and get away but didn't have much snap in my legs and bike handling was a bit rusty around the tight bottom corner. Tried to break with a lap to go and got pulled back which I wasn't too pleased with.  As always such a friendly race run by Claire and Mike Leonard.

Portsmouth 23/4/11: 15th. A very frustrating race where nothing I did worked!  Not knowing any of the riders meant I tried to go with all the wrong moves and wasted a ridiculous amount of watts going at inappropriate times.  Well raced by Team Felt but must say got taken back to school a bit.  After getting in the perfect break so easily last weekend, probably a little overconfident and a little tactically rusty.

Goodwood again tomorrow (E/1/2), then probably Portsmouth Weds night (E/1/2) and Cutmill at the weekend (2/3).

No comments:

Post a Comment