In my third season of cycling, seeing how far my bike will take me.


Wednesday 9 February 2011

Thank yous!

Its been a really tough couple of weeks hence the lack of blogs and have been finding it difficult both to set myself up in a completely different training regime and also from sleep deprivation;however from looking round friends at school, I know I am not the only one so tired.

I have had quite a few changes going on-all for the better recently-I moved flat finally a couple of weeks ago and want to really thank everyone who helped from the Peckhams with offers of fridges, Andrew with calming me down and reorganising furniture to Giorgia, Matt and Drew who helped me with the heavy lifting. Mum, Bow and Dad have been fantastic mostly with being patient with my tantrums with the frustrations of moving.  Trevor and Dan have also been great. 

I have spent the last two weeks teaching at another school as part of my course which has thrown me off my usual rigid training schedule and it has been hard to stick to my training as strictly as I would have liked to which I need to be more accepting of at times.  That said, I have not missed much and made the mistake of counting that in the last 4 weeks I have climbed Ditchling Beacon 42 times and Firle Beacon 22 times but as my teammate Henry Bird tells me apparently I am a "training Nazi".  My climbing MUST be improving.  I dropped 2kgs in the week I moved and that has stayed off so I am way ahead of where I was at the start of the winter.  I have already hit last years Max Heart Rate in training so on paper this could be a pretty mad year.

Looking forward to Sunday where it should be a pleasure racing the 2004 Paris-Roubaix winner Magnus Backstedt! Race calendar to come up on the blog this week hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment