In my third season of cycling, seeing how far my bike will take me.


Wednesday 26 January 2011

So close to racing

Feel so close to the start of the season now.  My first race of the year is the Perfs Pedals race on the 13th Feb, which I must say I am looking forward to more than my Birthday.  Feel like a proper geek being able to recite the dates, locations and start times of my first 5 races without even looking. 

Training on the whole has been going well, have dropped another kilo from when I last had my body fat percentage test so feeling pretty lean.  Shame I got dropped on every single hill by Tom and Josh on Sunday-finished a 4hr ride at 11pm on Saturday after starting work at 7.15am and finishing about 6.30pm (uni assessment work).  Have been feeling a bit rough recently as have had a lot going on at school and with moving in, being leaner at the moment and in such a germ filled environment I am being so paranoid about picking up any illnesses after such a hard winter training program.  Been introducing some more Zone 5 intervals in this week which I am currently enjoying as a refreshing change and feel like my turbo traininer is in as much pain as I am.

Can't wait to get the race bike out and test my legs, am sure I am not the only one with a decent winter but am feeling optimistic.  From looking round at blogs of my team mates, it looks like we will have a really strong team this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment