In my third season of cycling, seeing how far my bike will take me.


Sunday 19 December 2010

Who are you calling a fatty?

Had a hard block of training and almost more excited about rest week coming up than Christmas, mostly as it will mean not having to put hours and hours in on the turbo with some luck.  The snow has meant that with the glamourous assistance of Henry Bird, we have in my garage done nearly 7 hours of training in the last two days-joy!  Sure my legs will be grateful of this in the season.  Had quality training sessions this week, three times getting caught in blizzards; love it!

Had my body fat percentage checked today.  I had a lot of problems with my diet last year; although riding at about 11.5% body fat during the latter part of the season felt this was too much and tried to drop some pounds but cut calories and my body didn't respond particularly well.  After loosing 2kgs in the last month, I just got tested again today and found that I am down to 10.4% which is lush especially with my gains in power that I have been making recently.  Should work out nicely for the start of the season. If anyone else has any comments on my weight on the team they can jog on!

Off to Newport track hopefully this week and can't wait to tear it up.  Dreaming of track bikes at the moment but the new flat is going to make that pretty difficult; any sponsors out there?

Thanks to Dan Bennett for making it out in the snow for the flexibility and core conditioning session today!

No comments:

Post a Comment