In my third season of cycling, seeing how far my bike will take me.


Friday 3 December 2010

Snow training

Been cracking out the miles over the last few weeks.  9 hours on the rollers so far this week and another 6 or so to come over the weekend, starting to do some intervals and gradually build in a bit more intensity and power.  Having school closed this week has meant being able to catch up on sleep and work and so hopefully will be able to finish the term with good fitness rather than the usual problem of catching a cold as soon as term ends.  Legs are feeling pretty big at the moment and starting this week to try and lose a few pounds.  Still think I am around 11% body fat but after getting ribbed at the weekend for being off the scale in terms of weight from my delightful team mates, going sub 80kgs and sub 10% would be very helpful for the start of the season. Had a very productive goal setting session with coach Dan at the weekend and can't wait to smash particularly some of the early season races.

Impressed with how well the squad are coming together and nice to see Drew has got a new website http://www.drewholmescycling.co.uk/ but can't believe there are no photos of me on there yet. 

Going to have to try and risk going out on a mountain bike soon.  After going out in the snow last year with Pete Hooper, stacking it twice and being dragged all over the downs, I must admit I am hesitant but will refreshing to actually move when I am training. 

Massive respect to my brother, who despite leaving his porthole open and flooding his cabin, is now over halfway across the atlantic in the Arc Race.  Outstanding work!

1 comment:

  1. given your handling skills I would stick to the rollers, its safer, James

    ReplyDelete