In my third season of cycling, seeing how far my bike will take me.


Monday 21 February 2011

Training update

With a recovery week after the Perf's, a weekend of hard training and a brutal week of training over half term, there isn't a great deal to report.

Thanks to In Gear for a new chain quickly slung on this morning.  Not surprised how quick James Brickell helped me put it on after he put up with listening to my screaching chain for 3hrs on Sunday.  I really could not have left the links any longer.  Had a solid 9hr weekend with a particularly good ride on Saturday with 5hrs of riding in the rain and hardly came off 95rpm and out of Zone 2.  Did some great hills up near Brightling and then round to Beachy Head, getting through a fair few fig rolls! 

Looking forward to getting the cycling team started up at school; got some potentially pretty strong students who are keen to get racing which is great to see and I am sure will keep me on my toes in training during the week. 

Half term never seems to be that quiet with preparing for the next half of term and trying to ensure I get enough work done so I can train in the evenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment